The historic 70th Annual IJA Festival will be held in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, July 10-16, 2017!
Mark your calendar now and be there for a huge week of amazing sights, incredible juggling and carefree fun in Cedar Rapids, a delightful Midwestern gem of a city with everything we need for a great festival week in a safe, compact, friendly downtown!
The City of Five Seasons is Iowa’s second-largest city and is located astride the Cedar River in Northeastern Iowa. Cedar Rapids is in the Central US Time Zone.
Here are some of the venue highlights for the 2017 festival in Cedar Rapids:
At the brand-new, $144-million US Cellular Center Complex:
- A huge 28,000-sq.ft. main juggling space, connected to the DoubleTree Hotel by the hotel's atrium lobby.
- 5,000-sq.ft. of adjacent workshop space in the Taft meeting rooms, just steps from the gym.
- A gorgeous atrium lobby and prefunction area for XJuggling, Games of the IJA, and more.
- All of it connected to the beautiful high-rise DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, our festival HQ hotel!
At the Paramount Theatre, a quick 5-minute walk from the DoubleTree and the US Cellular Center:
- A stunning, too-beautiful-for-words live performance theater, lovingly restored to its original 1920's glory after the historic and devastating Cedar Rapids flood of 2008.
- The Paramount will be our venue for the four nights of IJA gold medal competitions and world-class juggling and variety shows that are the highlights of every IJA festival.
Our two festival hotels will both offer amazing IJA festival rates for up to four people in a room!
And so much more! Downtown Cedar Rapids is an ideal setting for the IJA festival, loaded with fun, friendly, casual places to eat, drink and shop. Check out Go Cedar Rapids for a look at this great festival host city.
Keep an eye on this page for all the plans being made for the historic 70th Annual IJA Festival, coming in early 2017!